The Middle Tennessee Campaign
From Warriors of the RebellionJump to navigationJump to search
The Middle Tennessee Campaign - June 23-July 7, 1863
- Also referred to as the Tullahoma Campaign, Campaign in Middle Tennessee
Union Order of Battle
- (858) ILLINOIS---Batteries "C" and "M" 1st Light Arty., Battery "I" 2nd Light Arty., Bridges' and Board of Trade Indpt. Batteries Light Arty.; 19th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 34th, 35th, 36th, 38th, 42d, 44th, 51st, 59th, 60th, 73rd, 74th, 75th, 78th, 79th, 84th, 85th, 86th, 88th, 89th, 92nd, 96th, 98th, 100th, 104th, 110th, 115th, 123rd and 125th Infantry.
- (858) INDIANA--2nd, 3rd and 4th Cavalry: 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 18th, 19th and 21st Indpt. Batteries Light Arty.; 6th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, 29th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 35th, 36th, 37th, 38th, 39th, 40th, 42d, 44th, 51st (Detachment), 57th, 58th, 68th, 72nd, 74th, 75th, 79th. 81st, 82nd, 84th, 86th, 87th, 88th and 101st Infantry.
- (858) IOWA--5th Cavalry.
- (858) KENTUCKY --2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th Cavalry; 2nd Battery; 1st, 2nd, 3rd. 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 21st Infantry.
- (858) KANSAS---8th Infantry.
- (859) MICHIGAN--- 2nd and 4th Cavalry; Batteries "A" and "D" 1st Light Arty.; 1st Engineers and Mechanics; 9th, 11th, 13th, 19th and 21st Infantry.
- (859) MINNESOTA--2nd Battery Light Arty; 2nd Infantry.
- (859) MISSOURI--1st Cavalry (Co. "F"); Battery "G" 1st Light Arty.; 2nd and 15th Infantry. OHIO--1st, 3rd, 4th and 10th Cavalry; Batteries "A," "B," "C," "D," "F," "G" and "M" 1st Light Arty.; 6th, 9th. 18th and 20th Indpt. Batteries Light Arty.; 1st Battalion Sharpshooters; 1st, 2nd, 6th, 9th, 10th 11th 13th, 14th 15th 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 24th, 26th, 31st, 33rd, 35th; 36th, 38th, 40th, 41st, 49th, 51st, 59th, 64th, 65th, 69th, 74th, 79th, 89th, 90th, 92nd, 93rd, 94th, 97th, 98th, 99th, 101st, 105th, 113th, 121st, 124th and 125th Infantry.
- (859) PENNSYLVANIA--7th and 9th Cavalry; Indpt. Battery "B" Light Arty.; 77th, 78th and 79th Infantry. TENNESSEE--1st, 2nd and 5th Cavalry.
- (859) WISCONSIN--1st Cavalry; 5th and 8th Indpt. Batteries Light Arty.: 1st, 10th, 15th, 21st and 24th Infantry.
- (859) UNITED STATES---4th Cavalry; Batteries "H," "I" and "M" 4th Arty., Battery "H" 5th Arty.; 16th, 18th and 19th Infantry; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Battalions Pioneer Brigade.
Confederate Order of Battle
- Union loss, 84 killed, 473 wounded, 13 missing. Total, 570.
- Wiki: Hoover's Gap, Liberty Gap